• Specially designed for All USB 3.0 Enable Devices
• 3x USB 3.0, supports USB 3.0 data transfer speed rate up to 5Gbps (480Mbps). Backward compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 1.1.
• USB-C Data Port, supports data transfer at blazing speeds up to 5Gbps. Transfer an HD movie in seconds.
• Ultra Slim Plug and Play Design: Compact and lightweight design, allowing you to expand your laptop & tablet capabilities on-the-go.
• Plug & Play: No drivers or installations are necessary
• Supports Windows 7 / 8 / 10 / Vista / XP, Mac OS systems
• Backwards compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 1.1
• Ultra compact plug-and-play design makes this accessory easy to carry and use during travel
• Aluminium case gives a sleek look that well coordinates with your other USB devices and provides durability
• Dimension: 22.5 × 228 × 7.6mm (29g)
This adapter does not work. I bought it at Best Buy in may 2023. My laptop has only 2 USB ports. I plugged this adapter to one of the USB ports and plugged my Seagate external hard drive to one of the four ports of the adapter. Windows does not recognize the drive and I could not access the content of the drive, the drive makes a squeaking sound and the display light does not turn on. I plugged another Western Digital drive 4T the same issue happened. I took it to Best Buy to ask what might be wrong. After examining the Seagate drive, they told me that the data can be recuperated but it will cost me 1600 CAD. Now I think I have lost all my precious pictures and videos from the Seagate.
I have just lost so many files that this adapter was to transferring the connecting part cuts in and out which mixes up the files so i have duplication or missed files.
So I took the first one I bought, back to best buy they were good to exchanged it for yet another one.
Ok, I did not get time to use it until a few weeks later and yet the same thing happens. (great time waisted transferring files again)
My issues is
When you plug it in to your laptop, at the connection point the adapter does not either fit or the base of the usb is creating weight that the connection does not touch.
As soon as you plug it in and plug in the other ends to it will sag a bit and then your transfer cuts off and on mixing up all your files...
OK, I stabilized this connector on a few books so it was completely level to the laptop and then when I plugged in any other devices to the multiport end it still cut in and out.
I am not technically in way, I have great skill in sending quality data to clients that love my prompt service. I just want my projects not to take weeks to transfer data or have only parts of the data show up. I am a believer of quality is money spent. You get what you purchased specially in electronics. This product was expensive for me, I was hoping that a 3.0 would be way faster than what I had. My clients like the fact their data is always on time and their turnarounds are prompt and all files are exchanged in high quality. I was hoping this device I could toss in my computer case and care on with my new projects with confidence. I expected that this product would work better than a $2 buck one from the dollar stories here in Canada. That is why I spend money on quality parts so I can get the speed and accuracy
thank you for reading, If you ever had to wait for data or lost a few files in the process. You will relate to my upset of this product. Kopplen does market a few great products i am upset because it is the second one and I can not exchange it now.